Reverse RingBack Tone (RRBT) allows subscribers to personalized tones for themselves. RRBT is a consumption oriented service which enables the user to listen to the content of their choice.
In RRBT content served is typically more dynamic in nature, thus allows the consumer to be entertained for stay informed.
A combination of RBT and RRBT offered by the same operator allows them to monetize both the call origination and termination legs during the call setup and thus helps them monetize the network cost better.
The term Infotainment has been derived from Information and Entertainment. Infotainment RRBT allows the subscribers to hear the content that they have selected as the ringback tone when calling someone. This tone can be news, astrology, music or ad, depending on the subscriber’s selection.
- Service providers can communicate with prepaid subscribers on:
- Tariff change
- Customer care messages
- Breaking news
- Service providers can use this medium to generate additional revenue by:
- Selling subscription packs
- Serving advertisements
- The subscribers hear songs of their choice
- Set song of subscriber’s choice
- Generate own content
- System-defined shuffles
- Subscriber-defined shuffles
- Time of day/Day of week based
- Dynamic content
- Automated music recommendation system based on subscriber input and feedback
- Advertisements played through tied-up media partners – The subscribers may get benefits such as additional talk time for playing an ad jingle of a corporate
- Loyalty programs – The subscribers may get benefits for continuing with services over a period of time
- Promotions from service providers for their services – The subscribers may get benefits for playing promotions of their service providers
- Highlights of subscribers’ favourite sports
- Cricket, Soccer,
Formula 1, etc.