OnMobile Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
BANGALORE, India – July 31, 2012 OnMobile today announced the results of its first quarter of fiscal year 2013, ended June 30, 2012. Revenue for the fiscal quarter was Rs 1,852 million, a 36 percent increase versus the comparable period a year ago.
Financial highlights (1st Quarter Fiscal 2013 as compared to 1st Quarter Fiscal 2012)
- Revenue increased 36% from Rs 1,364 million to Rs1,852 million mainly driven by our international markets especially in Latin America, North America and Africa.
- EBITDA increased 33% from Rs 270 million to Rs 359 million, in line with the revenue growth. This is despite our continued investments in manpower in nascent markets as well as salary increments effective April 1st. The same was effective only from July 1st in the last fiscal.
- Operating Margin increased only marginally because of higher amortizationof market development and deployment fee in Telefonica Latin America.
- Net Profit declined by 26% because of higher foreign / withholding taxes, which was not a part of Q1 of last fiscal.
- Earnings per share at Rs 0.8 as against Rs 1.3 in the Q1 of last fiscal.
Financial highlights (1st Quarter Fiscal 2013 as compared to 4th Quarter Fiscal 2012)
- Revenue increased 4% from Rs 1,776 million to Rs 1,852 million despite a sluggish domestic market, offset by continuing growth in international markets.
- Net Profit grew at 99% from Rs 48 million to Rs 95 million.
- Earnings per share at Rs 0.8 as against Rs. 0.4 in the Q4 of last fiscal.
OnMobile [NSE India: ONMOBILE], headquartered in Bangalore, India, and with offices in all regions of the world, delivers millions of music plays daily to mobile customers worldwide. Based on current deployments, OnMobile has the potential to reach more than 1.1 billion mobile users across several geographies. For further information, please visit www.onmobile.com